Council 10232 established a scholarship program in 1994 to award scholarships to deserving graduates who are members of the St. John the Baptist Parish.
In connection with this goal, the council approved two $500 scholarships to be awarded to graduating high school seniors who will be full time students in an accredited community college, college, or university.
The council has also approved two $500 scholarships to be awarded to graduating 8th grade students from our parish school that will be attending a Catholic High School in our area. Recipients of the 8th grade scholarships are selected by the Staff at St. John’s Catholic School (i.e., there is no application).
Four (4) $500 scholarships and individual certificates will be awarded to two (2) high school graduating seniors and (2) two eighth graduating students selected by the Council’s Scholarship Committee.
1. Applicants must be members of the St. John the Baptist Catholic Parish.
2. Applicant must be a graduating high school senior or 8th grader in the year of the award.
3. Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time Freshman student at an accredited institution (Junior College, College, or University) for the upcoming Fall semester or be attending St. John Paul II or St. Bernard’s as an incoming Freshman in the Fall.
4. Applicant must demonstrate scholarship—in the complete sense—consistent with capacity and circumstances.
Application Process (for graduating seniors):
1. Completed typed application form (handwritten and/or incomplete applications will not be accepted).
2. One (1) letter of recommendation from the student’s high school teacher, administrator, employer, or Church official.
3. Completed application form.