Greetings My Brother Knights,
A new fraternal year is upon us and as your Grand Knight I would like to wish you many blessings and continued good health. I would be remiss if I did not offer a heartfelt congratulations to our past Grand Knight, Joe McCarty, for again taking us to the Star Council level for Fraternal Year 2020, and to offer a most sincere thank you for his leadership and guidance over the past 2 years.
I hope to continue the legacy that he has established. This coming year is going to be different. I found myself at the beginning of this pandemic doubting if I or we could be successful in continuing that legacy and then I realized that doubt was all that was there to hold us back. I know that if anyone can do it, we can! Our council has always risen to the occasion because of brothers like you. I’m not saying it is going to be easy but we are innovative and we all work well together. As Father Bryan, often at the central core of his messages, reiterates and I paraphrase “Jesus never said anything would be easy, but he does say he will always be with us”. We should all take comfort in that.
A few key points and/or upcoming events:
- Pray for all those effected by COVID
- Look out for our fellow brothers (if you know of a Knight in distress please bring it to my attention)
- State Council kick off meeting this Saturday July 11
- Our meetings are currently online virtually at the usual times and dates
- Recruiting (we have a quota of 18 for this year, please talk to every Catholic man in good standing that you know. Exemplifications are now online and on demand)
- Fund-raising (We are going to continuing our fund-raising activities, even though we are going to have to do things differently) Our next biggest fundraiser is the ID drive so keep an eye out for opportunities associated with that event)
- If you haven’t already, please consider taking this short survey. It is short and sweet.
- We are keeping a running order for shirts and hats for sale, and I have added a slot for name tags. We will wait until we get an order of 15 or more at a time before we submit.
I am a man of few words especially with emails so this is long for me, so I am going to leave it there for now. Thank you for all that you do!